Urban Oaks Community Coalition is a network of diverse stakeholders vested in uplifting our schools and the broader community. It consists of school leadership, students, parents, elected officials, businesses, churches, neighborhood associations, community groups, and concerned citizens like you.
A community where every child has an opportunity to learn, grow and be nurtured by quality schools of choice with the support of community partners in public education.
To inform, inspire, empower and magnify the efforts of students, parents, schools, and community leaders in making positive investments towards the overall success of students in District 4 schools.
The goals of Urban Oaks Community Coalition are to:
- Inform the community of matters related to our schools.
- Inspire interested parties to take an active role in improving the schools in their neighborhood.
- Assist in improving the physical environment of school sites, making them welcoming spaces for students, employees, and community.
- Support schools as they implement academic programs of choice that meet the needs of families.
- Support schools as they shore up academic achievement with effective intervention strategies for struggling students.
- Support schools as they develop and enhance extracurricular activities that expose students to new and innovative ideas and places.